The Worcester Free Library was established in 1910 when Mrs. Hellen Wilder Wieting financed the building of the Wieting Opera House and Theatre and directed that part of the building be used as a public library. The Worcester Free Library serves the communities of Worcester, South and East Worcester, Decatur, Westford, Schenevus and Maryland in Southeastern Otsego County. The Board of Trustees and the Library director strive to provide the best programming and materials, including print materials, audio and video materials, local history and reference section, and extensive programming for adults and children. Participating in the Four County Library System (42 libraries) , we extend the number of materials we can offer our patronsn through InterLibrary Loans.
Capital Campaign ContributionsThe Capital Campaign is used to collect donations from the community; all funds will be used to convert the historic home at 170 Main Street, Worcester into a fully-functioning library. > Your contributions will help to realize the dream of creating a new state-of-the-art library which will serve the towns of Decatur, Maryland, Westford and Worcester, and may also qualify for matching funds and grants.
Worcester Free Library
168 Main Street
Worcester NY, 12197